Mittwoch, 11. Februar 2009

Interview Alex Mussolini Boardseekermag

Alex Mussolini will be riding some new shiny gear this season.
After a short period riding for RRD, the Spanish rider has made the move to Tabou.
Also, after finishing his relation with NeilPryde, Alex has joined the new Vandal sails team.

Vandal sails are the newest brand in windsurfing designed and owned by Dan Kaseler,
the chief Gaastra designer. “Alex is just the image we have been looking for-
a youthful, energetic charger that goes for it in any conditions!
I’m stoked to have him on the program for sure” said Dan Kaseler.
Tabou shaper, Fabien Vollenweider was excited to get him signed up as well-
“It will be great to see Alex on the boards-
he is extremely motivated and hungry to win some contests!”

Here you have some words from the young spanish sailor:

What made you decide to come over to Vandal/Tabou?

NP has really changed the size of its team, this left me looking for a sail sponsor and Gaastra was my top choice as I really believe in their designs. Then they told me about the Vandal sails and I jumped at the chance to be part of a fresh new product!! As for boards, I have always admired Thomas' great board shapes and wanted to have a sail sponsor and board sponsor that are part of the same company so it was an obvious move to ride Tabou boards.

You and Thomas Traversa are good buds- did he have any influence on getting you on the program?

Yes! Thomas is a great friend and we do a lot of trips and travel on the tour together. As I said he has some great board shapes and really understands boards. It will be excellent to work with him and be on the same team with him.

Do you get to sail much with your other teammate Antony Ruenes?

Well 'trash boy', Antony, is cool we have had a good few nights out together!! haha He has been studying a lot and mainly does freestyle but we have sailed together at Pozo.

Any interest in Freestyle?

Freestyle is radical but not something I do. Wave sailing is so technical these days I spend my time training on that.

Goals for 2009?

My main goal for 2009 is to do well on the tour!

Where is your next trip?

Next trip? I am not sure with my focus this year on the tour I would like to get some practice in cross-off waves before Cape Verde so maybe the North shore of Fuerte - I'll just see what the Atlantic has to offer.

Quelle: Boardseekermag

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen